Wotton-under-Edge is a town located at the southern end of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire, England.
This is a community web site and there's a lively discussion board, articles are contributed by members of the community, and there's links and classified ads and a list of all the local businesses.
- Sat 28 Christmas Craft Fair : A wonderful chance to buy or sell festive crafts here at Under the Edge Arts Christmas Fair. To be held at The Chipping Hall, Wotton under Edge, GL12 7AD A wide variety of stalls offering a great way to shop for locally made gifts. To hold a stall email email@example.com or call 07791 323869
- Sat 28 The Model Folk : Come and enjoy a wonderful evening at The Chipping Hall, Wotton under Edge, GL12 7AD where Under the Edge Arts welcome The Model Folk. Rumbustious Balkan inspired original folk. Entirely acoustic, from the humble washboard and the throb of the double bass via the wheezing of the harmonium and the shriek of the clarinet. With a chorus of voices telling tales of steam, soviet farming machinery and 1930s drag queens. A ramshackle troupe of musicians, unafraid to fraternise with the audience, whipping them into a frenzy of folk and roll. Drawing on aspects of klezmer, reggae, ska and folk noir. Book at www.utea.org.uk
- Sun 29 Word Wizards, Creative Writing workshop : Another chance to be creative at Under the Edge Arts, The Chipping Hall, GL12 7AD. Interactive creative writing workshop for 7-11 year olds. Explore and experiment with creative writing in a fun and relaxed environment. £10 per child ( £8 each for siblings) booking essential on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chloe on 07710 514689
- Sun 29 Advent Carols by Candlelight at St Mary's, Wotton : We keep this season of preparation for Christmas with the special Advent Carol Service “Darkness to Light” at 6.00 pm on Advent Sunday. This is a very special service starting in darkness and then being candle lit throughout, there are readings as the candles of the Advent Wreath are lit with prayer, Advent hymns and choir anthems. All are very welcome.
- Mon 30 Music with mummy and Jolly Babies : Jolly Babies music class at 9.45 - 10.15 in Charfield Hall. ( ages birth - 15 months) £4.20 per session. Music with mummy at 10.25 - 10.55In Charfield hall . ( ages 15 months- 3 years) £4.50 per session. Everyone welcome for a free taster session. Contact Caroline on email@example.com
- Mon 30 Wotton-under-Edge Town Council : Wotton-under-Edge Town Council Planning Committee meeting will be held in the Civic Centre at 7.00pm.
Art exhibition organised by local disability network hopes to attract local art lovers
A record number of hanging baskets are to be hung in Wotton next week promising an even better display of colour and perfume than last year.