Wotton-under-Edge is a town located at the southern end of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire, England.
- Fri 10 UTEA: SCJC JAZZ JAM : 8pm : From 8pm once a month (every second Friday) Free entry, donations welcome, bar open, PA provided Bringing the benefit of jazz as an art form to the local community and to multiple levels of ability. All instruments/vocalists will be made welcome. If you can play the blues and want to have a crack at jazz – this is for you! If you want to come and just listen that is fine too. Jazz Jam Sessions are led by John Cook, Shairon Lloyd, Peter Neale and JJ Shaw. For more Jazz Jam information: see our Facebook page http://tinyurl.com/zxlwzpl Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15673
- Sat 11 UTEA: CANCELLED - JO PHILBY : 8pm : Popular Orkney based singer/songwriter Jo Philby with Elaine Grieve are performing at Under the Edge Arts this July. With a soulful & expressive vocal & Jo’s ability to transmit emotion into each word, Jo gathers you up for a totally absorbing musical journey, utilising textures of folk, roots and country to tell her stories of the sea and Island life. Jo is joined by Orcadian born Elaine Grieve who sensitively accompanies on mandola & guitar with beautiful haunting harmony vocals. With three albums to her credit now, Jo and Elaine can often be seen performing throughout Orkney and regularly tour further south too – delighting audiences with their warm and friendly stage presence alongside their music and song. Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15576
- Jul 17 UTEA: VINYL NIGHT - Transport : 8pm : Free Entry Please join us for our next Vinyl Night on the theme of Transport All are welcome to come along Bring your favourite vinyl tracks and we will spin them. Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15674
- Jul 18 UTEA: POSTPONED - TANGO CALOR : 8pm : This show has been rescheduled for 12th June 2021. Tango Calor is one of the most exciting tango bands performing in the UK. The trio will take you on a journey from the night clubs of Buenos Aires to the salons of Paris with their evocative performances of traditional and contemporary tango music. Mirek Salmon is one of the few players of the bandoneon (Argentine concertina) in the country. He formed the group in 2016 with sensational Latin vocalist Indira Roman (Salsa UK , Roberto Pla) and Dutch jazz pianist Daan Temmink. The band has performed in tango clubs and festivals around the country and gains new fans wherever they play. They are often called on to accompany visiting artists from Argentina and have also performed the works of Astor Piazzolla with members of the Welsh National Opera. In 2018 they were invited to play at the famous La Ghironda festival in Puglia. “One of the best tango trios you will hear in the UK” Tango Alchemy “If you want dancers to be out of their seats and enjoying great music, Tango Calor really does that” Viva la Dance Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15653
- Jul 25 UTEA: She Stoops to Conquer at Leaf & Ground : 7:30pm (open 6pm) : Professional theatre company Rain or Shine, hailed by ‘The Stage’ as “one of the best companies touring open air theatre" are set to delight family audiences once again this summer in the stunning grounds of Leaf & Ground to bring you their production of classic period comedy She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith. Last performed by Rain or Shine back in 2002 She Stoops to Conquer is a play that leaps out of its century with a freshness and vivacity which have kept audiences laughing for over 200 years. This wonderful witty romp, Oliver Goldsmith's masterpiece, drives a coach and four through the manners and conventions of 18th Century England. Young Marlow is rich, handsome and single, but despite his infamous ability to charm a barmaid, he's hopelessly bashful in the presence of a society lady. When he mistakes his future father-in-law's house for an inn and his fiancée for a barmaid, we enter the pure comic territory of an eighteenth-century ‘Fawlty Towers’. The revival of this brilliantly funny comedy is scheduled for summer 2020, so pick up your petticoats, belt up your breeches, harness your horses and drive up for an evening of uproarious laughter. As the name suggests, Rain or Shine specialise in performing outdoors, and have - and will continue performing - in all but the very worst of weathers! Refreshments available Doors open at 6pm for picnics Deli open until 7.00pm • Please bring your own seating. • Tickets also available from Fish out of Water, Long Street, Wotton Under edge. ( Advance ticket price: £15 / concession £13, child £7.50 (under 12)) • Venue: Leaf & Ground, Dursley Rd, Dursley GL11 6PP Ticket Price on the gate: £18 / £15 / £10 Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15677
About This Site
This site has been put together for use by the local community.
This encompasses many villages that use Wotton as a commercial, shopping and leisure centre:
Charfield, North Nibley, Kingswood, Tresham, Wortley, Alderley, and Hillesley.
Local businesses and organisations are allowed to list, for free, their names, addresses and contact details, including links to their websites if applicable. The hope here is that the Wotton Index will be an authorative listing of local businesses and therefore will be always up-to-date and a useful resource for the community.
CONTACT: Please send us an email if you would like to comment on this site, or to submit any relevant content: admin@Wotton-under-Edge.org