Wotton-under-Edge is a town located at the southern end of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire, England.
This is a community web site and there's a lively discussion board, articles are contributed by members of the community, and there's links and classified ads and a list of all the local businesses.
- Thu 24 Touch Rugby at DRFC : Touch Rugby is a fantastic sport for keeping fit and allows men & women of all abilities to take to the field together. You don't have to have had any rugby experience at all to play. It's also great fun! We play every Thursday evening, weather depending, through the summer at Dursley RFC. Please text 07970853871 if you're interested and we'll put you on the list for session updates. More info here: https://www.dursleyrfc.co.uk/team?t=touch
- Thu 24 Rugby Training : Wotton RFC Training KLB School / Wotton Sports Centre With the new rugby season nearly upon us, whatever your rugby experience you're always welcome to join us for training every Thursday evening (7 p.m.) and playing, watching, supporting on a Saturday afternoon and beyond.
- Sat 26 The 132nd Hawkesbury Horticultural Show & Fair : The 132nd Hawkesbury Horticultural Show & Fair Traditional village Horticultural Show & Fair. The main attraction is the large produce marquee, full of the biggest & best fruit, vegetables & flowers, home baking, crafts, home made wine & beer, original photographs & pictures – all produced by the local community. Main entertainment in the arena: - "LG Dog Agility" - "AcroGymnastics Team" - "Punch & Judy Fun Show" - Tractor pull competition There are also: - Rogers' fairground rides. - Deer & Hog roast. - Beer & cider tent. - Pimms tent. - Grand Raffle with a fantastic array of prizes. - Edward Kent Shooting Stall - Archery lessons with the Bath Archers. - Amazing selection of trade, craft & charity stalls. Gates open at 12:30pm. Crowning of the Carnival Queen on The Plain at 1.30pm, followed by the procession. The Show prizes are distributed at 5.30pm. Grand Auction of Produce led by auctioneer Nick Cragg from Country Properties at 7pm. Location: Hawkesbury Village Hall & Recreation Ground, High Street, Hawkesbury Upton, GL91AU. For further information: www.hawkesburyshow.org Come along to the Hawkesbury Show for a great day out! We were included in The Daily Telegraph's top recommended things to do over the August Bank Holiday and were featured in Featured in the Gloucestershire Echo's "10 things to do in Gloucestershire over the August Bank Holiday Weekend".
- Mon 28 Touch Rugby at Charfield : Touch Rugby is a fantastic sport for keeping fit and allows men & women of all abilities to take to the field together. You don't have to have had any rugby experience at all to play. It's also great fun! We play every Monday evening, weather depending, through the summer on the field behind Charfield Village Hall. Please text 07970853871 if you're interested and we'll put you on the list for session updates. More info here: https://www.dursleyrfc.co.uk/team?t=touch
- Aug 29 Wotton-under-Edge Town Council Planning Committee : Wotton-under-Edge Town Council Planning Committee will meet in the Civic Centre at 7.00pm.
- Aug 30 DRU YOGA AND RELAXATION : ***2 Classes/New times*** Dru Yoga and Relaxation classes, friendly classes for all abilities and levels, beginners welcome. Fully qualified teacher. Join me to improve your flexibility, calm your mind, and rejuvenate your whole being. Classes every Wednesday 18.15 - 19.30 and 19.45 - 21.00 Held at Charfield Memorial Hall, Wotton Road, Charfield. For further information or to book a space call Carolyn on 07784557564 or email email@example.com
Gloucestershire Village and Community Agents offer help and support for people over 50 and help bridge the gap between statutory and voluntary agencies.
Newall Hunter has become only the second Briton and the fourteenth person in the world to achieve the coveted explorers' Grand Slam