Wotton-under-Edge is a town located at the southern end of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire, England.
- Fri 5 UTEA: FRIDAY NIGHT FRED TALKS : 8pm : £5 Friday night Fred Talks returns with another three fascinating short talks by invited speakers. Spend a relaxing evening at the end of the week listening to fascinating speakers on subjects that could include anything except politics, religion and sales pitches! Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15669
- Jun 6 UTEA: The Renewal Choir : 7pm : We are delighted to welcome the Bristol based Renewal Choir to Under the Edge Arts. Choir director Kim Samuels sees Gospel choirs as a music form that is accessible to people from all backgrounds and which has a positive effect on many levels – confidence, community, encouragement, health and faith – to mention a few. This all takes place not through the music alone but also through the positive message that the genre brings. Renewal Choir is a well-established community gospel choir based in Bristol founded by Kim and Vernon Samuels in 2005. There are over 80 choir members ranging from the young to the young at heart. Under the leadership of Kim, the choir has performed in various public events such as the 2016 BBC National Music Day, 2016 Leona Lewis UK Tour in Bristol and Cardiff and the Bristol Harbour Side Festival, local and national television, most recently on BBC Points West on the run up to Christmas. The overarching vision of Renewal Choir is to inspire and positively impact the lives of those exposed to the choir’s performances. While we push for excellence in all we do, we also remain grounded as a truly grass roots organisation on a mission to expose audiences and our membership to vibrant, uplifting gospel music experiences. As well as serving as choir director for the Renewal Choir, Kim Samuels is conductor for the UWE Bristol Gospel Choir as well as a member of and occasional conductor for The Kingdom Choir, founded by her sister, Karen Gibson, dubbed “Britain’s Godmother of Gospel”. Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15596
- Jun 12 UTEA: SCJC JAZZ JAM : 8pm : From 8pm once a month (every second Friday) Free entry, donations welcome, bar open, PA provided Bringing the benefit of jazz as an art form to the local community and to multiple levels of ability. All instruments/vocalists will be made welcome. If you can play the blues and want to have a crack at jazz – this is for you! If you want to come and just listen that is fine too. Jazz Jam Sessions are led by John Cook, Shairon Lloyd, Peter Neale and JJ Shaw. For more Jazz Jam information: see our Facebook page http://tinyurl.com/zxlwzpl Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15670
- Jun 19 UTEA: VINYL NIGHT – Fashion : 8pm : Free Entry Please join us for our next Vinyl Night on the theme of Fashion All are welcome to come along Bring your favourite vinyl tracks and we will spin them. Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15671
- Jun 20 UTEA: POSTPONED - NARTHEN : 8pm : This event has been rescheduled for Saturday 19th June 2021. Featuring Barry Coope of Coope Boyes and Simpson, Jo Freya of Blowzabella/Moirai , Jim Causley 4 time BBC folk award nominee and Fi Fraser of The Old Fashioned/ Polka Works – this is a quartet of suburb vocal harmonies and multi-instrumentalism. The material of the group features “songs that will touch your heart, engage your intellect and wow your ears. Expect pith, pathos and polyphony”. Narthen is a new name for a new venture. Familiar yet shiny and new which means you get that great mix of comforting familiarity and constant surprises. I didn’t know they did that…well they do! Their debut Cd ‘Narthen’ was released in September 2018 “Their debut album shows off peerless harmony singing – an excellent album of singing and playing” RnR **** “It’s a brilliant demonstration of the ensemble’s multi-faceted musical personality, whereupon they move effortlessly and appropriately between modes, juxtaposing pathos and heartbreak with seriously uplifting humour and historically informed commentary - This is a lively, eclectic CD from a vibrant quartet; a memorable and life-affirming set.” FolkRadio UK Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15469
About This Site
This site has been put together for use by the local community.
This encompasses many villages that use Wotton as a commercial, shopping and leisure centre:
Charfield, North Nibley, Kingswood, Tresham, Wortley, Alderley, and Hillesley.
Local businesses and organisations are allowed to list, for free, their names, addresses and contact details, including links to their websites if applicable. The hope here is that the Wotton Index will be an authorative listing of local businesses and therefore will be always up-to-date and a useful resource for the community.
CONTACT: Please send us an email if you would like to comment on this site, or to submit any relevant content: admin@Wotton-under-Edge.org