Wotton-under-Edge is a town located at the southern end of the Cotswolds in Gloucestershire, England.
- Mon 25 Wotton's Secret Gardens Trail : Our 5th year of sharing some of the most beautiful gardens in Wotton. Save the date to enjoy 15 plus gardens to surprise and delight, with refreshments and plant stall. Tickets £6 per adult giving access to all gardens on both days with under 18s going free. All proceeds going to Wotton in Bloom and Wotton Community PARC. Contact Sarah Watt on 0787-592-6190 or email@example.com Come and join us
- Wed 27 YOGA AND RELAXATION : Dru Yoga and Relaxation classes. Fun, friendly, relaxed classes for all abilities and levels, including beginners. Fully qualified teacher. As our lives get busier yoga can help to take some of the stress out of our day to day lives. Join me to improve your strength and flexibility, calm your mind, learn to relax your body by using movement, breath work and relaxation, to help improve your whole wellbeing. Held every Wednesday - 2 classes 18.15 until 19.30 and 19.45 until 21.00 At Charfield Memorial Hall, Charfield Held also every Monday at Alexander Hosea School, Wickwar Class time 19.15 until 20.30. Everyone welcome. For further information, or to book a place please go to www.yoga4allseasons.uk or contact Carolyn on 07784557564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 30 UTEA: POSTPONED - DAN WALSH : 8pm : This show has been rescheduled for 22nd May 2021. A BBC Radio 2 Folk Musician Of The Year nominee and regarded as one of the finest banjo players in the UK Dan Walsh is also a superb singer, songwriter and guitarist who has been described as 'the real deal' (UNCUT). As well as many tours of the UK, he also has recent successful trips to USA, Canada, Germany, India, Norway and New Zealand to his credit. Describing what Dan does is no easy task but at the heart of it is British, Irish and American folk music delivered with a healthy dose of funky grooves - all performed with his unique and dazzling take on clawhammer style banjo. Add to all that poignant songs, astonishing musical departures and lively humour and the result is a truly memorable live show which has wowed audiences across the world from intimate seated rooms to huge dancing crowds in festival fields. Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15678
- Jun 5 UTEA: FRIDAY NIGHT FRED TALKS : 8pm : £5 Friday night Fred Talks returns with another three fascinating short talks by invited speakers. Spend a relaxing evening at the end of the week listening to fascinating speakers on subjects that could include anything except politics, religion and sales pitches! Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15669
- Jun 6 UTEA: The Renewal Choir : 7pm : We are delighted to welcome the Bristol based Renewal Choir to Under the Edge Arts. Choir director Kim Samuels sees Gospel choirs as a music form that is accessible to people from all backgrounds and which has a positive effect on many levels – confidence, community, encouragement, health and faith – to mention a few. This all takes place not through the music alone but also through the positive message that the genre brings. Renewal Choir is a well-established community gospel choir based in Bristol founded by Kim and Vernon Samuels in 2005. There are over 80 choir members ranging from the young to the young at heart. Under the leadership of Kim, the choir has performed in various public events such as the 2016 BBC National Music Day, 2016 Leona Lewis UK Tour in Bristol and Cardiff and the Bristol Harbour Side Festival, local and national television, most recently on BBC Points West on the run up to Christmas. The overarching vision of Renewal Choir is to inspire and positively impact the lives of those exposed to the choir’s performances. While we push for excellence in all we do, we also remain grounded as a truly grass roots organisation on a mission to expose audiences and our membership to vibrant, uplifting gospel music experiences. As well as serving as choir director for the Renewal Choir, Kim Samuels is conductor for the UWE Bristol Gospel Choir as well as a member of and occasional conductor for The Kingdom Choir, founded by her sister, Karen Gibson, dubbed “Britain’s Godmother of Gospel”. Under the Edge Arts: for more details and bookings where appropriate: https://www.utea.org.uk/more_detail?id=15596
About This Site
This site has been put together for use by the local community.
This encompasses many villages that use Wotton as a commercial, shopping and leisure centre:
Charfield, North Nibley, Kingswood, Tresham, Wortley, Alderley, and Hillesley.
Local businesses and organisations are allowed to list, for free, their names, addresses and contact details, including links to their websites if applicable. The hope here is that the Wotton Index will be an authorative listing of local businesses and therefore will be always up-to-date and a useful resource for the community.
CONTACT: Please send us an email if you would like to comment on this site, or to submit any relevant content: admin@Wotton-under-Edge.org